Useful misc. links
For pictures go to http://photobucket.com/soulms
How to download?
Go to the download tab and download both “Maplestory v83” and “Soulms v83”
How to install?
1. Create a folder called SoulMS.
2. Install Maplestory v83 in that folder
3. Drag/place Soulms.exe to the SoulMS folder (where you installed maplestory v83).
How to register?
Can’t register on the forums?
Go to http://www.stopforumspam.com/search and type in your e-mail address. If it doesn’t find any entries, type in your IP-address instead.
You can find your IP-address at http://www.whatismyip.com/
If any entries are found it means your e-mail address or IP-address has been flagged as ‘spammer.’ In this case you will have to contact one of the SoulMS/SexyMS/Skelegon staff.
Can’t see the recaptcha?
- Try using a different browser
- Clear your caché
- Install Java
- Scan for spyware, malware and viruses
Error code: Missing ij15.dll / mss32.dll
Place your soulms.exe in the SAME folder as where you installed Maplestory v83
Alternatively you can download them below.
Error code: -2147467259 or -2005530518 or -2005530585 or -2005532292 or -2147221000
Update your drivers.
.NET framework: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
Microsoft Visual C++: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/search.aspx?q=Microsoft%20visual%20c%2B%2B
Error code: 10093
- Click Start then go to all programs, accessories, command prompt
- Right click the command prompt and click ‘Run as Administrator’.
- On the command prompt box type netsh winsock reset
- Press enter and restart your computer.
Error Code: -2147287038
You are using edited .wz files or missing a file. Download a clean version on the website or via the link earlier this post.
Error code 38:
Random error, just restart Maplestory
Error code: -2147024883 (The data is invalid.)
Error code: -2005530516 (Unknown error 0x8876086C)
DirectX error which only applies to users with an ATI AGP graphics card in combination with a v7.9 Catalyst driver.
You can fix this by using a Catalyst driver of 7.8 or lower, 8.1 with a hotfix or 8.2 & higher.
Error code: Disconnect after entering PIC / after choosing your character
You have to disable your loopback adapter.
- Click on start icon (windows key)
- Go to the control panel
- Click on Device Manager (if you can’t see it, click on “classic view’ on the top left of the screen)
- Go to Network adapters and unfold it
- Right click “Microsoft Loopback Adapter” and click uninstall
Error code: Hackshield update error 0x300000003
Use soulms.exe to start up SoulMS, and NOT maplestory.exe
If this doesn’t work, try disabling your Microsoft Loopback Adapter
Error code: Black screen at launch and disconnect after a while
Go to where you installed “Maplestory v83” and run “Setup.exe”
It will give you this message: “This program sets your monitor frequency up for MapleStory. Please run this program if your screen turns pitch black, or if you see a warning on your monitor on exceeding the range of frequency of your monitor. When the game starts, are you able to see the game clearly?”
Which you obviously answer with “no”
Error code: -2147467261 (Invalid pointer)
Re-install Maplestory after fully uninstalling it
Error code: Stuck at login
- Try typing “fixme” or “logout” as your password
- Use your normal password again